March 31, 2020
The safety of our patients, team, and the community of Cochrane is our highest priority.
Due to COVID-19, our clinic is now open only for emergency eyecare needs.
Optometry can help decrease the risk to medical staff and the community by reducing the number of unnecessary visits to medical clinics, the Cochrane Urgent Care Centre, and emergency rooms in Calgary.
Following are important items to be aware of:
- We are here to guide you through this uncertain time and help in any way we can! Our doors will be closed to maintain the safety of our patients and staff, but we are here to answer any questions you have.
- Please call our office at (403)932-0918 if you have any vision or eye health concerns (including urgent needs for eyeglasses or contact lenses). We will be reviewing messages regularly and will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss options.
- If you have an urgent concern that cannot wait 24 hours, please contact the number on our answering machine to speak with a doctor directly. We kindly ask that you use this number for emergency only.
- We are now set up to provide telemedicine consults using live video in a simple and secure format. Please contact us by phone, and we will arrange an appointment if needed.
- Should a patient require an examination at our clinic, we can reassure you that all protocols and guidelines set forth by the Alberta College of Optometrists and Alberta Health Services are being followed.
- Please contact HealthLink 811 or albertahealthservices.ca for the most current recommendations regarding COVID-19.
Thank you for your support during this difficult time – we appreciate it more than you know! We are so proud to be a part of the community of Cochrane. Please be kind, and reach out to those in need wherever you can!
Ian & Sallie